Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Cinder- Book Review

Image Detail

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles #1)- Book Review

By Marissa Meyer

Good Reads Summary

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . .

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.


My Review-

Cinder was a strange and different take on your average retelling of the Cinderella story. It was so sad when Peony got infected. You could tell how much Cinder loved her throughout the whole story. I loved the romance that began to form with Cinder and Kai, I want to see more of that in the coming books. They would be perfect for each other. The whole novel I knew there was something off with the doctor and Cinder's back story.

After they began talking about Princess Selene I knew it had to be Cinder why else would it have been done. Plus I want Cinder to be with Kai so that would just be another girl to get in the way. I felt so bad when you find out the Doctor was Lunar and his daughter was a shell which is why he wanted to help Cinder so much.

I really hated Levana, major bitch. She controls her people with mind control, makes herself appear beautiful too. She is trying to destroy Earth. And now she wants to kill Cinder. In the next book I really want Cinder to kill her or doing something bad to her lol.


So that was my review, if you read Cinder comment below and tell me what you thought of it. Also the next book for revew is Divergent. I already read it was amazing. Team Dauntless!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2010 Tattoos | Blogger.com