Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Review- Croak By Gina Damico

Image Detail

 Review- Croak By Gina Damico

I have to say I loved this book! This book has a little bit of everything from the paranormal, to friendships, romance, humor and so much more. If you enjoy snarky and sarcastic main characters you're gonna love Lex!

I highly recommend this book!

Here is the Amazon summary in case you haven't heard of this book and think it would be something you want to read!



Fed up with her wild behavior, sixteen-year-old Lex’s parents ship her off to upstate
New York to live with her Uncle Mort for the summer, hoping that a few months of
dirty farm work will whip her back into shape. But Uncle Mort’s true occupation is
much dirtier than shoveling manure.
He’s a Grim Reaper. And he’s going to teach Lex the family business.
She quickly assimilates into the peculiar world of Croak, a town populated by
reapers who deliver souls from this life to the next. But Lex can’t stop her desire for
justice—or is it vengeance?—whenever she encounters a murder victim, craving to
stop the attackers before they can strike again. Will she ditch Croak and go rogue with
her reaper skills?


Spoilers begin here!!!

Here is my personal review and thoughts on this book-

I have to say I loved the idea of this book of a Grim reaper in training in sounded so intriguing and fresh.  I love reading books that have very strong female characters and Lex was that and more. Right when she found out she was a Grim reaper, I just knew she was going to be better than most. Her feelings when she killed showed that but I didn't expect her to be able to damn people that was really cool. I felt so bad when her twin died that was just so emotional but it left off for a second novel which is good. I can't wait for Lex to go get her revenge.

I loved the growing friendship and eventual romance between Driggs and Lex it was just too perfect. Their sarcastic banter and remarks just made the book. The cutest thing was him telling her that she was the girl in the picture he carried and that he always had a crush on her. Awwwww!!

I didn't trust Zara from the beginning I knew there had to be something up with her. Glad she turned out to be evil because now Lex gets to kill her and Zara can go away. Then all will be right in the world.

I just have to say that I thought the famous dead characters were one of the funniest parts of the book!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I found out about this book through the YA Scavenger Hunt!! I won some swag from Gina Damico Look how cool!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2010 Tattoos | Blogger.com