Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Delirium- Book Review ( So Cool!)

 Image Detail

Delirium- Book Review ( So Cool!)

The book that I just finished was Delirium by Lauren Olivier. The idea behind this book is weird but oddly cool. The setting is a futuristic dystopian society where they have considered love a disease that cause all the bad in the world. So what did they do find the cure for love. At 18 you get cured and then assigned a partner for marriage.

Here is the book trailer if this is something you feel like reading because the spoilers start now.
Image Detail
Spoilers-

I loved the quote used that Love hurts while your in it and hurts while your not. I just felt like it made you understand why people would think that way.  I loved Lena and Alex's relationship it really made Lena a better person. I honestly felt bad for her because her father was dead and her mother supposedly committed suicide but she didn't and everyone kept it a secret. You can sympathize with her because she never knew of love being anything but bad. Alex giving up his life for Lena to be free really shows you the extent of what love could be.

When she says at the end "I will try to resist there are many of us out there who refuse to stop believing who refuse to come to earth who love in a world without walls who love into hate into refusal against hope and without fear."

That made me want to cry especially when she said they couldn't take away their love. I think there might be a sequel and if there is I have to read it.

I loved this book and would totally recommend it.
Image Detail

Image DetailImage Detail

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2010 Tattoos | Blogger.com