Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

The Hunger Games Movie -Review (Amazing)



The Hunger Games Movie -Review (Amazing)

I did read the book before seeing the movie which does make my understanding of it a lot better. I actually read it twice so that I could remember all the tributes names.

I felt that the movie was a pretty good interpretation of the book, there were some changes that I didn't like but we will get to that.

What I liked-
  • I loved how the scene of Peeta giving Katniss the bread was spread out I don't know why but I thought how they unveiled it was good.
  • I also liked how Katniss bought the pin and gave it to her sister it brought a little more depth and meaning to it.
  • The visuals were really stunning especially the capitol. I loved the girl on fire dress I was afraid it wasn't going to be done well but it was perfect!
  • Cinna was simply amazing that is all I have to say.
  • The cornucopia was cool I pictured a giant golden cornucopia unrealistic lol but this made more sense.     
What I didn't like-
  • They didn't explain the mocking jay. How it refereed to the rebellion and really mocked the capitol.
  • Peeta lost his leg at the end of the book from the games and it really impacts Catching Fire, I know that is a weird thing to find wrong, okay I have problems but he needed to loose a leg.
  • Katniss straight out tells him it was all an act that she didn't love him (She kinda did though) That is how the book ends which makes you want to read the sequel so bad to see how they move on.
  • They didn't talk about Avox's which was talked a lot about because that is what happens to the traitors. Which at the end becomes a fear of Katniss' also her and Gale see them in the beginning.
  • Also they never mentioned the 13th district which is foreshadowing!
I loved this book and movie. If you only saw the movie and didn't read the book go read it and the sequel Catching Fire.


Image Detail

Image Detail

Image DetailImage Detail

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2010 Tattoos | Blogger.com