Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Everneath- Book Review (Loved it)

Image Detail

Everneath by Brodi Ashton Check out her blog! http://brodiashton.blogspot.com/p/everneath.html

Here is the summary of the book from her site if you have never heard of this book before!

Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.

She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen
 
So I loved it and I would totally recommend it and if you haven't read it and want to don't read on!
Check out the book trailer
 
 
Now Review Time YaY!****Spoilers****
 
I really loved this modern take on Greek mythology in such a different way. Much like Beastly it put a unique spin on a well known story. It references the Hades Persephone myth if you don't know it google it lol! I loved the little love triangle going on between Cole, Nikki, and Jack. Throughout the novel I kind of wanted her to go with Cole I know that would mean giving up her soul but I genuinely felt he loved her in some twisted way. But by the end of the novel I began to really love Jack.
 
So omg the end I kind of saw it coming but didn't want it to. I would really love a sequel to happen to find a way to get Jack out of the Everneath but also for Nikki to fall for Cole. I am glad though that Nikki didn't go under because I felt so bad for her little brother who would have lost both his mother and sister.
 
I loved this book and would love to know what you thought of it!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2010 Tattoos | Blogger.com